Tailbone removed. Diagnosed as cellulitis. Taken ciprofloxicin, tetricyclin, 1 cm pinhole opened. What could be going on?

hello, thank you for taking my question. i had my tailbone removed because it was arthritic. i developed an infection weeks later which was diagnosed as cellulitis. when ciprofloxicin failed to cure it in a month, the surgeon went back in to clean it out. i had the first culture which was neg. but he put me on tetricyclin. after a month, the 5cm wound closed. two weeks later, a 1cm pinhole opened. a cultulture said pos. for enterococcus and was given ampicillin. after a week, the hole closed again. its been 2 weeks and another pinhole had opened, even though i am still on the ampicillin. i had an mri which says less likely a bone infection, states a 2mm post op fluid near sacrum but otherwise normal. what do you think is going on here?
Tue, 25 Jun 2013