Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Tailbone pain, buttocks pain, burning in leg. Taken injections. What to do?

I am having burning pain in tailbone, sharp stabbing in butt that goes around the front of my left leg. This causes my leg to burn. I have had l5 s1 fused but the screws were removed when I had l4 fused to l3. The pain is getting to be to much for me. I am not sure what to do. I have had several injections but they only help for a few days if that at all. Most of the time nothing helps
Asked On : Sun, 17 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  58
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Diabetologist 's  Response

The nature of the pain suggests that it may be neurological pain due to the compression of the spinal nerves at the lumbar vertebral levels.

This may be due to reduced disc space between the vertebrae following trauma and surgery.

Now you may need an MRI of the spine for evaluation.

Physiotherapy need to be tried.

Consult your Orthopedician.

Answered: Fri, 2 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor