Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
166 Doctors are Online

TSH levels 7, Thyronorm 25mg

my tsh levels were initially at 7 and using 25 mcg of thyronorm for 2 months the level came down to 5 my doctor advised me to take 37.5 mcg of thyronorm for 1 month and now the levels are at 2.20 and she still asked me continue with the same dosage of 37.5mcg .How will i have to continue with this dosage and will there be any further reduction in tsh levels
Asked On : Tue, 15 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  580
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.

I have reviewed your query and here is my advice. Your doctor is right and you have to continue this drug.
Get your thyroid function tests every 6 months and if there is any change in TSH levels, the dose of thyronorm is changed accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta
Answered: Tue, 15 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor