Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

TSH level high, feeling exhausted, lightheaded, dizziness, discomfort. More tests required?

Hello. I recently had a routine blood test and my TSH came back at 5.99. The Dr. wants to check again in 4 months, but I m concerned because I ve been exhausted recently (more than I usually am with my MS) and have woken up with a puffy face over the last weekend. In addition, I m experiencing lightheadedness and dizziness (again, different from what I experience with my MS) and the back of my head has a feeling of fullness and discomfort. I m wondering if I should push her for more testing or possibly contact my neuro , too. Any ideas? Thanks so much!
Asked On : Sat, 23 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  52
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Endocrinologist 's  Response

considering your complaints, i feel you would require further thyroid testing to ascertain the cause of high TSH and consider treatment if required.
Answered: Sat, 23 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor