Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
124 Doctors are Online

TB lesion in lungs, tiny calcification seen. X-ray done. History of PTB. Medication to cure scar?

hi, im 25 years old and wants to work abroad. Doc, i have a PTB before and i have completed the medication treatment since 2009 and finish the medication on previuos x-ray shows that the LT. Lung apex is infiltrated by a fibronodular infiltration with a tinny calcification seen, picture of old Tb lesion .is there a medicine to cure this scar?i ve been failed in my application for this problem..i am hoping for answer and advice.thank you!
Asked On : Thu, 28 Jun 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  459
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response

I am sorry. The treatment options available for a fidronodular infiltration with a scar are very limited. Surgical resection of the affected part can be done. However, the scar remains.

I hope to have answered your query.

Answered: Thu, 28 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Aparna Kohli's  Response
Thanks for writing in.
There is no medication to take care of the scar as scars in the tissue do not get repaired. They are usually permanent.
If you do not have active tuberculosis, I think you can get it certified by a physician that this is an old lesion and is highly prevalent in India. There is no treatment for this and you'd be not infectious to other people.
Hope this helps
Answered: Thu, 28 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor