TB in 1 year old baby

My little nephew who is one year old suffering from TB..I want to know how much time will it take to recover from it.
Fri, 13 May 2011
hello,
it will affect health if not treated in proper time.
so start tretment as early as possible.
take care
Naturopathy & Yoga Specialist Dr. Sneha's  Response
Hello Nancy
Welcome to Healthcare Magic forum.
It is compulsory to take 6 months of complete TB regimen drugs to eradicate and also to prevent future recurrence.
Along with the medicines prescribed by your physician also keep substting good nutritious diet which include citrus fruits (lemon, orange, sweetlime), guava, pomegranate, whole cereals, egg, nuts and good amounts of fluids to improve the immunity to fight against infection.

Dr.Sneha
Sama Wellness Clinic

General Surgeon Dr. Swapnendu Sekhar Ghosh's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic
multi drug treatment will control the diseaes if uncomplicated in 6 months
treating doctor will decide the duration of treatment
do not stop/skip medicines without doctor's advice
Pediatrician Dr. Suryakanta Baraha's  Response
hello,

under rntcp programme pediatric tb requires treatment from 6 to 8 months

depending upon the category(1 or 2 or 3) to which he belongs. so consult ur

pediatrician today and follow the chemotherapy course.continue
taking drugs without failure. take care
General & Family Physician Dr. Tulasi Raman.P's  Response
Hi Nancy,

Treatment of TB in children depends on the category of TB to which your nephew belongs. Categorization of TB is done based on the extent of TB involvement.

I will tell you about the treatment details in general

Total duration of the treatment will be 2 months Plus 4 or 6 months.

The first 2 months is called the initial phase. This is aggressive therapy where you will be put on 3-5 drugs depending on the extent of TB involved.

Remaining 4 or 6 months is called continuation phase. This is to kill dormant TB organism in the body.

I share this link with you which will explain to you about Childhood TB in detail
http://www.stoptb.org/wg/dots_expansion/assets/documents/IJTLD_OS_ChildhoodTB_Chapter2.pdf

I hope my answer has been adequate and informative.