Symtoms of heart attack but does not want to go to emergency, please help

husband has symtoms of heart attack but does not want to go to emergency ?
Tue, 15 Dec 2009
's  Response
What are you doing on the computer then?

Just got a leaflet through the door telling all the symtoms of a heart attack , it says don t mess about waiting just call the emergency services. Now, I have those symtoms everyday, I also have high b.p. (last checked 120/170 only last week). Am I having heart attacks? Sorry, numbers wrong way round. Feel it like most days but thougt a heart attack was going to be of hollywood proportions, this leaflet describes what I feel.

My father died of a sudden heart attack in his home. I cannot get over this regret I am feeling ? I should have gotten him LIFE ALERT and he could have pressed it and been saved. He was 76 years old. He had several health problems including diabetes (controlled), hypertension (controlled), stage 4 kidney disease, and atrial fibrillation (controlled by digoxin). He had two strokes in the past, the last being 12 years ago, which paralyzed his left side, but he got some of it back and could walk with a cane. He also had a mild heart attack about 15 years ago, which was treated with balloon angioplasty. I wanted him to enjoy his final years, so I let him drive, and do his own things, etc. I am VERY REGRETFUL that I did not get him LIFE ALERT (or another similar product). I realize that sometimes when people have a heart attack, they do not know it, and cannot press the button, but I am still very regretful over this. I don t know how I am ever going to forgive myself for this. please help! Thank you everybody, you are very helpful. God Bless You all. Just for the record, he was found on the kitchen floor in the sitting position (on his bottom), with his knees bent, feet flat on the floor, and his head slumped down to his chest. One arm had an abrasion on it on the upper side of the forearm , as if he may have nicked it against the table or chair that he was near.

HEY EVERYONE!!! ok well here is the deal ... Everyone once and a while my boyfriend tells me he feels like someone is tickling his heart! And i don t know if he is having a mild heart attack ...or what?????? I always say go to the emergency room ...or go see your doctor and he doesn t want to what should i do?????????? what do you think it is??? what do you think is causing this???????? he is 23years old also if you wanted to know 6 2 ..and weighs about 195-205???? PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Recent questions on  Heart attack

I am 56 years old and had been relatively healthy throughout my life. 2 years ago I had a heart attack. I was given 3 drug eluting stents in the left side. I no longer smoke. I take the followings meds. apo-metoprolol 50mg per day, plavix 75mg per day, lipitor 60mg per day, novo-lisinopril 10mg per day, low dose aspirin 1 per day. i wear nitro-dur patches 0,4 & 0,2 but not every day. My issues are : I constantly feel & look bloated. My weight has gone from 155 to 185 but my eating habits haven t been altered drastically. I get hungry then after i eat my stomach gets very upset. My bowel movements are irregular & usually runny. I tire very easily & generally feel lethargic. I often get chest pains and/or heart burn. Because of the aforementioned my mental state isn t the best either. I was an upbeat, active person & now I just try to get the day in. I ve asked my doctor many times if my meds are the issue & he says I must take them to continue living. A couple of times I didn t take all these pills for a few days & noticed a remarkable improvement. I don t really want to die prematurely but I am sick & tired of being sick & tired. Any assistance provided would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Mom is 90 years old, hospitalized for heart attack May 26. She is now taking digoxin .125 mg, enalapril 5 mg, furosemide 20 mg, metoprolol 12.5 mg, potassium 20 meq, synthroid 88 mcg. Her blood pressure and heart rate is so low that her home machine won't register it. Took bp at grocery store: Wednesday 91/33, heart rate 71; Thursday 69/34, heart rate 0. Checked heart rate at home on finger device: 70-74. She also has arrhythmia (ongoing before heart attack). She feels terrible, very low energy, no appetite, diarrhea. Research on meds indicate conflicts e.g. furosemide and digoxin; enalapril and furosemide. What is your opinion of this med cocktail?

I am a 40-year-old, 159 pound, white female. I only smoked when I was a teenager occasionally and as a an adult, I would only smoke when I drank (which now I do not smoke at all). I drink occasionally on the weekends but not much. My father had a history of heart disease, emphysema and diabetes. He had his first heart attack in his mid-30s and had a triple bypass in 1983. At age 72, he passed away due to a massive heart attack he suffered as a result of the stress of having surgery to remove colon cancer. Over the past year or so I have been experiencing chest pains almost every day either at rest or after some activity. Sometimes when I am leaning over, I can get the pain in the center of my chest which can feel almost like muscle pain. Sometimes I experience the chest pains with a feeling of shortness of breath yet when I take a deep inhalation, it seems as though my breathing can be restored to normal. Sometimes with the chest pains I also experience some upper back pain across my shoulders. My neck, jaw and arms never really hurt or go numb. Oftentimes, I can feel my heart racing or feeling as though it is going to pound out of my chest. I have had numerous EKGs done all of which have come back normal. I went to the ER in February of 2009 and was admitted due to chest pains. Upon arrival at the ER, I had bloodwork done including my cardiac enzymes tested (which were all normal), an EKG done which was normal, BP (usually maintains at 112/80), pulse and heart rate were all normal. They kept me overnight so I could have a stress done. I completed that the next morning. The stress test I had was where they took pictures of my blood flow while at rest, then they shot me with some dye, then I ran on the treadmill and then more pictures were taken after that. The results were that I had a heart of a 28 year old, and I was in the top 90% of women my age. Then that afternoon, I had an endoscopy done to rule/out any gastro problems. That, too, was normal. I was seen by a cardiologist while an inpatient and he told me that everything was normal and it is very unusual of a woman my age, even with a family history, to have heart problems. It definitely was not a heart attack nor did he feel it was heart-related. Then I had an abdominal ultrasound completed outpatient which was normal as well as which was normal. I also wore a heart monitor for 30 days which allowed me to record all of my episodes. Upon review of that monitor, they told me I had sinus arrhythmia and tachycardia but there was nothing for me to do about it because it was nothing to worry about. My cholesterol is 195 and I can t remember my exact LDL or HDL but I believe the good cholesterol level was 5 points lower than it should be and the bad was good. My triglycerides were over 300 but at my last blood check they came down to a bit below 200. I am still working on lowering those. I know I do not always eat right nor do I exercise very often. I have cut back on fatty, greasy foods and am losing weight little by little. I continue to have these pains either at rest or after exerting myself. Sometimes I take Prilosec and the pain goes away. I mentally make the pain and heart pounding worse because I start to think there is something wrong with me that my PCP and the tests missed. (My PCP is my cousin who is very familiar with my family history and I truly believe he is doing everything possible to find an answer. Yet he keeps telling me that he is 99.9% sure it is NOT my heart. The only other thing he could do is a catheterization. He doesn t want to do it because there is a 1% risk that something could actually go wrong and cause me a real problem. He did say if I had the catheterization, it would completely give me a 100% answer. I actually gave myself such bad anxiety this past weekend that I actually started believing that I am dying or will die soon. These episodes and symptoms are driving me crazy! I want to hope that it is all just stress or something else. I ve been crazily reading things where they say sometimes people can sense doom or feel anxiety right before something bad like a heart attack or death happens. Please! Any help or answer you could give me to lead me in the right direction to solving my problem would be GREATLY appreciated. Janel M.

I had been taking Diovan for a number of years and insurance company suggested I replace Diovan with the Losartan since it was cheaper. I took 50 mg. of the Losartan yesterday morning. Noticed a tight feeling in chest yesterday afternoon. At the time I went to bed (around 12:30 a.m.) I experienced severe pain in left side of chest, radiating through back and left shoulder. Took two nitro pills and dropped off to sleep. Upon arising this a.m. I again experienced pain in the same area, got a little scared and got very hot. Tried to stay calm, ate some breakfast and felt some better. Also, severe hurting in upper right arm where large muscles join together. I had a heart attack latter part of 2005 and diagnosed several years ago with fibromyalgia. I am 77 years old, active for my age, caring for 88-year-old husband who suffered a stroke six months ago. I hesitate to go to ER this a.m. due to home situation and long wait getting medical attention.

A cat scan for the lungs revealed atherosclerosis of the great vessels , aorta and coronary arteries. Aorta and pulmonary arteries are normal in caliber. Heart and and pericardium are within normal limits. There are no significant mediastinal or...

My father is 91 and his systolic is 228. Don't know the other number. Should I worry?

Hello Doctor, I have had some wisdom tooth pain and went to doctor, he advised me to use hydrogen preoxide one week and lets try the infection go. He took xray of wisdom tooth and said all other looks good. He further said as I have never been to...