Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Symptoms were sore joints and a very sore lower back, combined with being very cold

I am a 29 year old male and started getting the flu Monday. Symptoms were sore joints and a very sore lower back, combined with being very cold and dressing in layers to stay warm. Sweated it out during the night and woke up the next morning feeling a bit better. Took Ibuprofen that night before I went to bed. Symptoms slowly went away and then I started feeling weird near my groin area (all the way down my urethra ). Anyway I tried masterbating on Tuesday evening and as I was cumming, it barely came out, almost as if something was blocking it, and I noticed a tiny tiny bit of blood. It is now friday and the blood seems to not be showing up I dont think, but still uncomfortable to urinate and very little semen coming out when I masterbate. As well I notice some but not much urgency to urinate. Any ideas?? I don t wanna jump to conclusions, but i ve been assuming a UTI and have been drinking lots of cranberry juice and taking vitamins to try to clear things out.
Asked On : Fri, 4 Feb 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  187
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Since you started out with symptoms of fever, joint pains it is mostly due to the viral fever that there could have been problems in blood clotting or kidney function which caused blood to be there in urine and/or semen. Drink plenty of water. Keep well hydrated. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables. You need to get a full workup of your condition to rule out potential bleeding problems as well. Consult your Doctor and get a thorough checkup, also rule out any obstruction in urethra like stricture which can be caused due to a past UTI or STD.
Answered: Tue, 13 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Jitender Chauhan's  Response
Hello, welcome to Healthcaremagic. Well it could be UTI or even a renal stone. Sometimes stone fragments can get stuck in urethra and lead to symptoms similar to mentioned by you. You must visit your doctor who would be better able to answer that after doing a sonogram on you and urine tests. Till than drink plenty of water as it helps in flushing of urinary system. If you develop fever take tablet paracetamol. Wish you good health.
Answered: Fri, 30 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
it could be a kidney stone. that would block the passage way and create those symptons. i had a kidney stone once, but i was so sore i couldnt masterbate. i did have blood in urine. i thought it was a UTI but the doctor i saw said that unless i gave anal sex it definetly wasnt a UTI. He said that in straight men it was very uncommon. my advice would be to see a doctor, any would do, because they can give you a cheap prescription that will open your passageway and let you pass the stone naturally.
Answered: Fri, 4 Feb 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor