Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
139 Doctors are Online

Symptoms of irregular periods and also body pain.

My wife is 35 years and she is facing problem of irregular periods and also body pain mainly back side. we have consulted the doctor and as per her advice she got it done blood test in which uterus tuberculosis was detected and accordingly she started AKT-4 medicine. although one test result still to come i.e. blood cultr. Now please advice us : whether this is correct medicine how long she has to take the medicine what precaution she has to take besides medicine what precaution she to take.
Asked On : Mon, 27 Dec 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  215
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, Welcome to Healthcaremagic,

You have not provided us details of how exactly the doctor diagnosed as Uterine TB. I would presume that she diagnosed based on clinical features & Ultrasound scan/hysteroscopy(if it was done), or she has done a PCR/ZN stain of the blood sample. As it would take 4 to 12 weeks for culture report to come (which is a conclusive evidence for TB disease), it is not advisable to wait for it and then start AKT4. Hence what your doctor has done is right.
The duration of AKT4 ranges from 9 to 12months, which will be decided by the treating doctor.
These drugs have a list of side effects which you must be aware of.
Answered: Mon, 27 Dec 2010
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor