Symptoms of Nasal pains & headaches, kindly suggest

I took a physical fitness test for a police department yesterday afternoon, and the 3rd component of the test was a 1.5 mile run. The temperature was roughly 38*F. I had nothing covering my face and with every breath I was taking in very cold air. Approximately 3-4 hours following the test I returned home and tried to rest b/c I felt exhausted and somewhat weakened. I was not able to do so b/c I began to show symptoms of nasal pains, which would lead to the onset of headaches. They would come and go (they are actually still coming and going as I type this inquiry), only lasting a few seconds but creating sharp pains. I am curious as to what exactly I did to myself? Due to the 15minutes of running in cold weather, and with the extreme level of breathing that it required, did I sustain some sort of nerve damage or blood vessell injury? How much longer can I expect to show these symptoms b/c they do not seem to be improving yet? Would it be in my interest to consult my physician? Thanks. -Mike
Sat, 12 Dec 2009
  Anonymous's Response
's  Response

Cold weather causes constriction of blood vessels as I read. It can cause such pain which are sometimes intolerable. Just do some steam inhalations which will open up the vessels or you can sit relaxed in a room with hot humidifier on, hope it helps you. Do not worry large for small problems, everything is small when compared to death, live with positive attitude.