Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Symptoms are runny nose, stuffy nose and post nasal mucus in throat

I have a perforated septum from having sarcoidosis for over 25 years. Symptoms are runny nose, stuffy nose and post nasal mucus in throat. Nostrils are often impacted with dried mucus, causing breathing through mouth and dry mouth . Mucus collects in my throat and the airway is impeded and I get short of breath. That area of the septum must be irritated and not able to heal. Any rinses, ointment to aid in healing
Asked On : Thu, 31 Mar 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  1068
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
A perforation in the nasal septum is very troublesome.
And yours is present for last 25 years !
This longstanding perforation has probably led to rhino-sinusitis too.
Use nasal douching with normal saline.
Keep your nose moist with liquid paraffin.
Get a total and differential count of blood done, and an X-ray of paranasal sinuses.
Avoid cold foods.
Drink plenty of water.
Take warm saline gargle.
Take a mucolytic-bronchodilator cough preparation.
The best treatment for septal perforation is to go for a surgery to obliterate it using a septal button.
It will definitely solve your problem.
Take your reports and consult an ENT Specialist.
Take care. Holes are meant to be filled up( hahaha...).
Answered: Thu, 16 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
You can do steam inhalation and saline nasal drop application to dissolve crusts which may be forming. You could be having symptoms of sinusitis as well. You need proper antibiotic treatment for infection. Steam inhalation and saline nasal drops help a lot.
Answered: Thu, 14 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor