Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Symmetrical bumps on either side of Frenulum. Fordyce spots? Harmful?

Hi I have recently noticed two symetrical white pimple-like bumps on either side of my frenulum (under-side of head of penis ). Are these Fordyce spots? Are they harmful? What can I do. I have just noticed them in the last short while and have only had sexual intercourse with my partner (of 3 years). Thanks for your help
Asked On : Sun, 24 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  332
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have two small pimple like bumps on under surface of glans penis very close to frenulum.

These most unlikely to be Fordeyce spots as there are no sebaceous gland in this region.

These bumps could be due to abrasions due to friction during dry sexual intercourse with your girlfriend.

Take antibiotics for 5 days and ensure to clean the glans and genitals with warm water twice daily .Avoid sexual activities till it gets cured completely.
Answered: Sun, 23 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor