Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Swollen vein beneath the penis. Had a frenulum tear. Will it heal naturally? Need stitches?

HI i had a frenulum tear this morning, when consulted doctors, they told me to have stiches as minor bleeding(1 or 2 drops) is seen for 8 hrs but later i can only see the scars with swollen vien beneath the penis . please suggest is it good to go for stiching or to get healed naturally. Will there be any affects with stiching/ not getting stiched.
Asked On : Sun, 27 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  153
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response

Tear in frenulum is commonly occuring due to intercourse or masturbation.

Mostly it occurs in person having very short frenulun.

If you have large cut ,the you go for stitching.

If there is short cut, stitch is not needed.

Good ducision will be taken by your doctor.

If tear recurs, Phrenectomy would be advised... removal of frenulum.

Do not worry.

I hope you got my answer.

Dr. Ilyas Patel MD
Answered: Wed, 3 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor