Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Swollen vaginal lip with itching and burning. Reddish sore with mild bleeding. Treatment?

Hi, I was wondering, my right outer vaginal lip seemed swollen and then became very itchy and burn a bit. Today I noticed a little blood and looked and there was a red sore. Last night I did itch it.
I have not had sex in 2 yrs. I do shave as well and did so last Fri nite.
I'm just quite confused. I put hydrocortisone on it and it has calmed it.
Any ideas??
Asked On : Fri, 5 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  55
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to HCM,
From your history it seems that you might got fungal infection with super added bacterial infection as well
Apply anti-fungal cream locally.
Go for oral antifungal medicine or/and antibiotic medicine after consulting your gynaec if she feels necessary.
Keep local hygiene clean, dry.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Fri, 5 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor