Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Swollen vagina with extreme itching in Urinary tract infection

hi, I have been treated for a UTI , I m taking the phenazopyridine and sulfaemthoxazole-tmp ds tablets . I think that this clearing up the uti but I have the MOST swollen, irritated clitors-vulva-vagaina! ever!! it burns and itches. it is very painful to urinate, burns like fire! is there anything at all?! I can do help ease this pain till I can get back to see my doc?.... in tremendous pain...
Asked On : Tue, 10 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  301
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response

Thanks for writing to us.
Your symptoms are likely to be due to vulvovaginitis. For symptomatic relief, you can apply a steroid based antiseptic ointment . Use cotton underwaers and maintain a good hygiene. Taking mild pain killer like ibuprofen will be helpful.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.


Dr. Rakhi Tayal
Answered: Tue, 10 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor