Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Swollen vagina What do I do and how long should I expect this to last ?

The outer right lip of my vagina is swollen. I have no discharge, pain, or itching. I know I had rough sex with my husband, but we haven t had sex ina week and it still hasn t gone down. I m starting to worry this might be permanent damage. What do I do and how long should I expect this to last ?
Asked On : Mon, 14 Mar 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  490
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, Welcome to Healthcare Magic Forum,
You are having a Minor inflammation in the area. You can take Tab. Brufen 400mg twice daily for 3 days and apply heat pads thrice daily. This should help you. If it doesn't improve even after week, you should have yourself examined by a Gynecologist. Take Care.
Answered: Mon, 14 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Internal Medicine Specialist Dr. Jasvinder Singh's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic. From the symptoms it looks like the friction rub or chafing during intercourse has caused this swelling of labia especially if intercourse was done with less lubrication. The other reason can be an allergic reaction to soaps, detergents, shower gel and condoms etc. Apply cold compresses and wear cotton undergarments. Application of mild corticosteroid cream and oral antiinflammatories like ibuprofen/acetaminophen are also helpful. If the symptoms persist then consult a gynecologist.

Hope it helps you. Regards.

Answered: Mon, 14 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor