Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Swollen upper lip, tooth ache. Reason? Had a dislocated tooth due to injury

hello, yesterday I woke up with aching teeth , I assumed from the symptoms the cause to be either dental problems or sinusitis . During the day I have felt slow swelling, payed no attention to it, brushed my teeth trice during the day and gone to sleep. Today I woke up with badly swollen upper lip and aching teeth. Teeth seem to be aching from movement of some sort. Upper lip is swollen and I think there is a lump, main swelling is inside the moustache area of the lip within it. I have little to no cash right now and cannot afford going to a doctor if it is not a major cause. I was at the bar two nights ago, but teeth ached a little before. My first upper right tooth was dislocated during a fight 8 years ago. I hope I gave enough information for you to help me at least to know what is the cause of this. Thank you in advance
Asked On : Thu, 7 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  860
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Dentist 's  Response
hello and welcome,

as you mentioned,your upper right tooth has dislocated 8 years ago,there is chance of traumatic injury occured with the tooth resulting in periapical abscess as well as apical periodontitis.

Usually in such cases,root canal treatment is indicated depending on the condition of tooth.
The pus has to be drained and curetted,
Please do visit an endodontist and get the treatment.
analgesics will give only temporary relief.
for permanent cure,you must get the treatment done.
ANTibiotics has to be administered for the infection underlying.
take care.
Answered: Thu, 7 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Qazi Ammara's  Response
thanks for asking the query,
as you a trauma some years back and now it is associated with pain and swelling the cause can be pericoronal infection . you need to concern a dentists get an x-ray done to evaluate the exact status of teeth . the treatment can be root canal treatment .
you can take analgesics, surely it will relieve the pain temporarily , maintain a good oral hygiene, use saline gargles can use ice packs .
Answered: Fri, 8 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor