Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Swollen upper eye above eyelids, bubble around the area. What could be this?

I am 60 years old.
I had for years swollen upper eye above the eyelids.
It hasn't bothered me because I believe it's hereditary but, recently at the end of both eyes, same area it seems that there is a small bubble at the end on the skin not in the eyelid, it might be a water retention don't know.
I at times put fresh cucumber rounds on my eyes in the evenings but the bubble is still there on each eye.
Asked On : Tue, 30 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  54
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
thank you for your query.

a swelling over the eyelids can be due to many causes-
1.stye-infection of the sebacious glands of eyelids
2.chalazion-infection of meibomian gland
3.blepharitis-infection of lid margin
4.cyst-fluid filled swelling

hence i would recommend you to get it checked by an opthalmologist to pinpoint the cause.

thank you,
wishing you good health
Answered: Fri, 21 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor