Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

Swollen, throbbing and warm biceps. Discomfort. Overworked muscle?

i started working out again this past week or so and have been working on biceps the past couple of days, i ould tell i over did it slightly however im aware of what that feels like from making that mistake in the past. but tonight i noticed my left bicep is swollen, throbbing and warm to the touch and a generally discomforting feeling like its squeezing my veins against my skin so to speak. and it is unordinary for me. have i just WAY overworked my left bicep more than the right or is this something else?
Asked On : Sun, 12 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  163
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
The swelling and warn muscle is suggestive of an infection or inflammation in the area. It can be due to a spasn also due to overwork. Doing a hot fomentation will help.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal ,
Answered: Fri, 13 Jun 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor