Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Swollen, tender cheek, medium size mass on inside of cheek, frequent migraines. What could be this?

Swollen, tender cheek along my cheekbone directly under my right eye. Medium size mass on the inside of my cheek. It's not movable and has been there for several months now. Frequent migraines that affect mainly the right side of my face, eye and ear. What could this be? Should I be alarmed? Should I consult a dentist or my primary care doctor?
Asked On : Fri, 26 Apr 2013
Answers:  3 Views:  143
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Dentist 's  Response

Thanks for asking the query,

Cheek swelling can be due to underlying dental issue that is causing inflammation in the mouth, allergic reaction, trauma to the face, can be due to inflammation of parotid gland known as parotitis.
I would suggest you to get the clinical evaluation done by the Oral Surgeon and take necessary x-rays.
Take lukewarm saline gargles and antiseptic mouthwash rinses twice daily.

Hope this helps out.

Answered: Fri, 26 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Bindiya Bhaskar's  Response
Thanks for posting your query.
The medium sized mass developed under the cheek may be due to-
Traumatic injury.
Periodontal infection.
Deep dental caries resulting in formation of periapical abscess.
I would suggest you to get a thorough clinical as well as x-ray examination by a dentist.
The pus/fluid within the bump has to de drained/curetted.
Root canal treatment has to be done if required.
Maintain oral hygiene well.
Use soft-bristled toothbrush to clean your teeth.
Hope this helps.

Answered: Fri, 26 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Hello dear
As per information provided, it seems that there is either a tooth involved on right side or it is excretory duct of parotid gland.In any ot the case you have to consult your dentist. If there is any cavity it will be requiring RCT na d if it is obstruction od parotid duct opening then it will be needing further investigations.In the mean while start doing warm saline rinses and apply some OTC available anaesthetic gel over it.
Dr. Amit K. Gaba
Answered: Fri, 26 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor