Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Swollen spleen. Pain under the rib cage, headaches and weight loss. Tested negative for leukemia. What else?

hi, I m 18 years old and i got mono last year. My spleen is still swollen and i m still very ill. I ve been tested for leukemia and it showed up negative. I ve lost 15 pounds since February of 2012. What could be wrong? my symptoms are: pain under the rib cage, headaches, always full, weight loss , fatigue, pale skin, and jaundice .
Asked On : Mon, 18 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  63
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Oncologist, Radiation 's  Response
You have got spleenomegaly. There are number of causes. This may be secondary to infection like kala-azar, malaria, typhoid, infectious mononucleosis, tropical spleenomegaly syndrome etc. There may be other more serious diagnosis like lymphoma. Proper clinical examination is mandatory. Complete blood count , abdominal imaging search for other swelling in other parts of body should be done. Consult your physician.
Answered: Tue, 19 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor