Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Swollen red ring around skin, stings when wet. Washed it with soap, applied facial cream. How to treat this?

I have a swollen red ring around my for skin, of my penis. It stings when it is wet and when I washed the area with Dove bar soap. It also stings with just water applied. How do I treat the stinging, redness, and swollen area?
It appeared in the shower after applying and washing off my facial acne cream. Is it a possible type of chemical burn?
Asked On : Wed, 3 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  67
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have
developed what is termed as Paraphimosis
However this can be confirmed only on clinical examination by a qualified General Surgeon .
Please consult qualified surgeon to confirm the diagnosis.

Take broad spectrum antibiotics and anti inflammatory medication like Diclofenac twice daily.for a week .
Ensure to clean the genitals with warm water twice daily
If the problem is recurrent it will be better to get circumcised.
Answered: Sat, 15 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor