Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online

Swollen perineum during erection while having sex. Taking medications for UTI. Suggestions?

Sometimes my perinium swells and gets rock hard like a golf ball during sex. It doesn t really hurt, but feels a little achey. I my bike 3 days a week also. But it seems like recently it swells every time I have sex. I went to the doctor 6 months ago and he gave me antibiotics for possible uti , but nothing changed. Doctor said everything felt normal down there, but like I said, it only happens when I have an erection . HELP please suggestions.
Asked On : Thu, 3 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  296
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Urologist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM.
The stretch and mild swollen feel may be part of the erection process due to contraction of BULBOSPONGIOSUS muscle present In the perineum.
If the pain persists, consider urologist opinion, otherwise there should be nothing to worry,
Answered: Fri, 4 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor