Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Swollen, painful mole, red ring around it, redness, oval in shape. Serious condition?

Hello, I woke up this morning to a swollen, slightly painful mole with a red ring a cm all the way around it. The mole is more red than usual and is just larger than the end of a pencil eraser. The mole is oval in shape and pretty uniform. I pretty positive it is time to see a doctor but how urgent does this seem? Thanks for any input.
Asked On : Wed, 26 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  534
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Dear Concerned.,

Thanks for writing to us.

Any obvious change in a wart or mole constitutes as one of the danger signals of malignancy.

Pls consult a Surgeon/Dermatologist to go for an excision biopsy at the earliest.

The HPE report will definitely be the only Gold Standard investigation procedure.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.,

Best Regards.,

Dr Lt Cdr ASN Bhushan.,


Answered: Wed, 26 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor