Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Swollen, painful lymph nodes on right side above my clavicle, heart palpitations. Treatment?

I have had a swollen and painful lymph node on my right side above my clavical for almost a year. Antibiotics seem to help for a short time but it always comes back. I have begun to have heart palpatations the last 2 weeks. Blood work, back xray , chest xray and chest CT have all come back normal. The pain on the right side will sometime radiate to my back of my shoulder , but this seems to have stopped in the last few days.
Asked On : Sun, 27 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  109
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello Catherine,

Thanks for posting,

From your description you are most like suffering from lymphadenitis mostly due to bacteria infection and this could be atypical germs (such as mycobacterium, fungi) or resistant bacteria (reason why it recurs). The lymph node could be as result of a tumor (most probably benign). In order to determine the actual cause, you will have to visit a doctor who would sample a specimen by doing a biopsy. Culture of the specimen could also be done to determine the kind of infection so that appropriate antibiotics could be given). You will need pain killers in order to manage the pain.

Wish you the best
Answered: Mon, 28 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor