Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Swollen, painful eyelid. Punched in eye. Antibiotics? Do I need to see a doctor?

I think i have some kind of pimple or swelling right above my became sore two days ago and has gotten more swollen and painfull and my eyelid is swelling now... it just also happens i was punch in this eye 3 weeks ago but that swelling had totally gone away before I had notcied this pain two days ago...please help? antibiotics? do I need to see a doctor?
Asked On : Sun, 24 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  47
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist 's  Response
Thank you for your question.
I think the punch in the eye you received is not necessarily the cause of the redness and swelling unless a small cut occurred which you were unaware of. Because is seems to be getting worse and the swelling is spreading, I would recommend you visit your doctor who can examine your face and eye in detail.
There may be an infection that needs antibiotics.
I hope this has helped you.
Best regards.
Answered: Mon, 10 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor