Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
178 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Swollen neck glands. Had abscess on gum removal, node behind ear, ear canal pain. Diagnosis?

Hello there, I am 19 male, 5'11. I have had swollen neck glands for a few months now, after an abscess on gum removal, another node behind left ear, moderately i have experiences some ear canal pain none lately but the base of my neck on the right and left side are stiff and i feel another set of nodes there as well, my groin occasionally does itch, any diagnosis?
Fri, 28 Jun 2013
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Groin itch is seperate from the neck .
In neck you do have enlarged lumph nodes and for that you need to get investigated ---
CBC, ESR (blood tests)
Ultrasonography neck
you may require antibiotics and anti inflammatory for 7 days and then if the nodes have not subsided then you need to get done--'
Fine needle aspiration cytology ie for tissue diagnosis of the lymph node.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I have an ongoing abscess and am getting my teeth removed for false teeth upper and bottom on June 28th 2017. Not just one but 2 abscess. One has...

Recent questions on  Ear canal

doctor1 MD

I was diagnosed lat week wtih a fungal ear infection. I am on clotrimazole drops. The ear canal is much better but ENT doctor said there is fungus...

doctor1 MD

What does a mastoidectomy involve? What type of care is required before and after such a procedure?

doctor1 MD

I've had fluid - sometimes a clear, off-white, sometimes with blood - oozing out of my right ear. There is no accompanying ongoing pain, just an...

doctor1 MD

My son is 6days old... 1 In d night wat ever I do he won't wake, he will b in deep sleep....In that case how to feed every 2 hrs 2 How to know if...

doctor1 MD

Hi Doctor,My 2month old son had colds a few days back and now its totally gone. Since gooey discharges in the ear are commonly caused by colds (and...

doctor1 MD

I have off and on fuzzy ear canal feelings, feel like light cotton ball floating around. iam 51 yo, no hearing lose or ear discomfort, just...