Swollen neck, foul taste in mouth after pulling the tongue, lump in the neck after swelling subsided. History of Ehler's danlos syndrome. Advice?

Hi I pulled tounge muscle 6 weeks ago n then that side of neck became swollen and painful for two weeks kept getting fowl taste in mouth too. It eased off but now I have a lump in my neck the size of small plum that causes me problems when eating and swallowing it sticks out, I have also had real dry mouth too. I suffer with ehlers danlos syndrome badly aswell
Sat, 3 Aug 2013
Dentist 's  Response

Thanks for asking the query,

I would suggest you to visit to the Physician and get a checkup done.
Foul taste in the mouth can be due to xerostomia, it can cause other symptoms like dental caries, gingival and peridontal problems.
I would suggest you to get a dental checkup done.
Take lukewarm saline and antiseptic mouthwash rinses.
Maintain a good oral hygiene.
Sip plenty of water.

Hope this helps out,

Regards...