Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

Swollen lymph node on the back and neck. Sore tender spots on scalp. What is the reason?

About 6 days ago I noticed I had a swollen lymphnode on the back of my neck near the hairline (all on right side) then the bottom of my ear lobe started to feel like it was forming a pimple but did not surface, instead another lump formed causing my ear to split a little and has 2 dark bruised lines, also I have the same lumps a little from my ear and are sore to the point of me not being able to feel the surface when I touch it. My scalp also has clusters of sore tender spots that remind me of what ant bites feel like but more in groups along with there being at least 7 lymph nodes swollen on the back of my neck. I went to the doctor and they did not know what it was but concluded that it was not mono or hiv and was prescribed a z pack but this was before my ear started and before the clusters of sores. Please help me. I have no idea what this could be and neither did the doctor at the hospital. Any ideas?
Asked On : Sat, 27 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  482
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
Feb 2013

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

It seems you are having an infection like bacterial, or fungal, or dandruff in the scalp due to which the lymph nodes on neck and above ear are enlarged, tender, and painful.

The scalp has to be treated with topical antibacterial or antifungal applications in the form of cream or shampoo depending on the type of infection.

Oral antibiotics may be needed if there is extensive infection.

I advise you to consult the dermatologist for examination and prescription of medication.

Hope I have answered your query.

Answered: Sun, 23 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor