Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Swollen lymph node behind the left ear on my neck that is very tender to touch. Should i be worried?

I have a swollen lymph node behind my left ear on my neck that is very tender to touch. I found it last evening and it has continued through the day today. When should I become worried or seek medical attention? I am worried about cancer.
Asked On : Tue, 5 Oct 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  1055
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello.Welcome.Painful lymph nodes are generally due to some infection.In your case it could be infection in you ears or throat or may be chest.Cancerous lymph nodes are generally painless.Consult a ENT doctor for clinical examination,investigations and treatment.Good luck.
Answered: Thu, 29 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
  Anonymous's Response

I recommend you seek medical attention because it is most probably an inflammatory cause. However malignancy is a possibility
Answered: Wed, 6 Oct 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor