Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Swollen lymph node. Have hypothyroidism. How to cure?

I cant tell if the swelling under my chin is in fact a double chin (I am almost 49) or a swollen lymph node. Sometimes it feels hard (like a pea) and sometimes more fluid. I have hypothroidism - anything to do with that? I would be embarrassed to go to the doctor to have her tell me - "you are just getting old and a little overweight". Thanks
Asked On : Fri, 19 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  78
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Oncologist, Surgical 's  Response
Dear Sir,

Sorry to hear about your problem. A lymph node under the chin bone is usually not related to thyroid. It is commonly seen secondary to an oral lesion and I would suggest that you visit an ENT surgeon and have this condition evaluated. You can even get a needle test (FNAC) of the lump to rule out cancer.

Hoping for the best.
Answered: Thu, 27 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor