Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

Swollen lump on top of butt crack, difficulty in walking, lying down, bending, eases with hot shower. What could it be and its cure?

I have a swollen lump around the top part of my butt crack. At first, I just felt a little discomfort, but the days passed, and now it hurts to walk, lay down, sit, go to the bathroom, bend down. It s a sharp pain, and it throbs, but the only kind of relief I can get is when I take a Hott shower.. My mom said it started off with two little holes, but now she says that there is no discoloration, but the past four days it has gotten bigger, and more tender and kindof red.. Please help me, I have no idea what it is.. And I want to go to get it. Checked out, but I don t want to be told nothing can be done about it. I just need some relief! Please help!
Asked On : Thu, 6 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  1773
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Dear customer,

The swollen bump may be due to the pilonidal sinus which is a common site of such occurence. You should have the physical examination done by doctor/surgeon to know the exact pathology.The surgical excision may be required in such cases.

The pus collection or folliculitis may also cause such symptoms and should be treated with suitable oral antibiotics taken for 7-10 days duration.

The treatment depends on the underlying cause.

Thank you
Answered: Thu, 6 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor