Swollen legs, oozing from feet post hospitalization for ulcerative colitis. Should water pills be taken?

My 87 year old mother in law, with ulcerative colitis , was released from a hospital stay last week for a flareup . She is back home and now complaining of swollen legs/ankles. Today she had what she referred to as water seeping from her feet - enough to soak a towel. Her primary doctor had prescribed water pills earlier which she did take. Should she continue the pills or stop them or, should we get her back into the hospital??
Fri, 8 Mar 2019