Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Swollen left ear, pus, redness, right ear normal, ears pierced. Cure?

I ve had my ear pierced for about a year. My left ear has been swollen for many many months. My right ear is fine. The swollen ear has pus that doesn t come out often but when it does my ear turns red. I just don t want to have a bigger earlobe than the other and I m hoping this does not become permanent. By the way my earing is still in my ear. I don t have medical insurance to visit a clinic. What can I do to cure my earlobe?
Asked On : Thu, 1 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  387
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Thanks for your query.First of all take out the ear ring.If its swollen and filled with pus then it needs to be drained by giving an incision.and then then packed with antiseptic like providone Iodin lotion.If pus is not there but red and painful then apply providone Iodine ointment .For pain you can take paracetamol - aceclofenac combination tablets. You may need systemic antibiotics in case of severe infection.After the infection resolves keep the ear lobule clean and see that the ear ring doesnt hurt it .Take advice of your doctor before taking any medicine.Hope this helps.>Take care.Disclaimer: The Expert’s advice is provided for general informational purposes only and SHOULD NOT be relied upon as a substitute for sound professional medical advice, as a complete assessment of an individual has not taken place.Please consult your nearest physician before acting on it. The advice is not valid for medico-legal purposes also.
Answered: Thu, 1 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor