Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
122 Doctors are Online

Swollen labia minora, painful, itchy and smelly. Allergic reaction to soap? How to get rid of it?

I have swollen labia minora (majora less). A few days ago it started with itch , but now itś not really itchy anymore. It is more inconvienient and a bit painfull. I think it might be an allergic reaction to some soap (although specially for genital region). I do not have a fever and there is no bad or strange smell from my loggia. What can I do best to get rid of it?
Sat, 30 Jun 2012
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
May 2013
the possible causes for your problem are,
-allergic reaction to the material of inner garments,
-allergic reaction to sanitary pads used during periods,
-as you told may be because of soap,
so you better consult local gynecologist,
get examined to rule out local infection,
if it proved to be of allergic reaction you can avoid that particular allergens and treatment can be taken for your symptoms.
take care.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor