Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Swollen labia, how can I fix this ?

I think my labia is swollen. I am 21, and currently not sexually active. I didn t see any sores down there, but the lip is longer than it was 3 days ago, and pinches when I walk or sit. How can I fix this?
Asked On : Thu, 24 Feb 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  885
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
It is most likely to be some form of allergy or dermatitis, and the commonest causes of this in this area is a reaction to something you are coming into contact with.
This could be your new underwear which has some synthetic fibers in it and they could cause this reaction.
Or it could be a vaginal deodorant or spray if you use one, or even a bath shampoo of some sort.
You probably know that this is a very sensitive region and you should be aware that all new materials or chemicals may cause some allergic reaction.
So think about whether there is something you are coming into contact with in this region that might be causing it.
Remove that factor and voila – your problems are solved!
bt if its itching it could be a
fungal infection , moniliasis , vaginitis etc .
consult nearby gyneacologist.
Answered: Sat, 14 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Mahendra K Shah's  Response
This could be due to a fungal infection if you have itching along with it take an anti histaminic, an antifungal, and an antiinflammatory tab
Answered: Thu, 24 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor