Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

Swollen knee with pain, restricts movement. Is it a safe to just immobilize and ice it?

I Had Knee to knee contact in a soccer game , I sat out for 5 mins , then went in to play again Untill the pain was real bad . originally i had full range of movement after the injury. Now my knee is swollen on the top and sides are swollen restriced my movent. i can only bend my knee about 15-20 degrees right now and the pain is pretty bad. Ido not have medical insurance. Is it a safe move to just immobilize and ice it?
Asked On : Wed, 22 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  43
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Dear customer,

The ligament injury may be there in such cases and the treatment advised is ice and immobilisation using the splint or crepe bandage.It may take a week or more of it to heel.

Its better that you consult the orthopaedic doctor and have the x-ray or mri of knee joint done.In some cases surgery may be required.The drugs like motrin , advil may be taken to control pain and inflammation.

thank you
Answered: Wed, 22 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor