Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Swollen knee, pain on walking, urge to pop shin, ankle, toe joints. Help?

Hello, I am a 58 yr old woman. and my knee has een swollen and it has been very painful to walk or even put on shoes, clothing... then ankle, shin, joint of big toe feels like it needs to pop...? it has been 6 weeks. sometimes it feels like it is starting to get better... then i walk more, do more and it gets bad again..?
Asked On : Sat, 12 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  26
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Hi Ma'am,

Thanks for your query.

From the sketchy information, it seems that you have either osteoarthritis with acute swelling of the knee joint; or, it may be an acute attack of gout (since the joints of the great toe too are affected).

Consult your treating doctor who will order for Serum Uric Acid test and, if required, CT scan of the knee joint. Depending on the findings of these tests, he will prescribe appropriate medicines.

Dr. Rakesh Karanwal
Answered: Thu, 24 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor