Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Swollen inguinal lymph node, FNAC and biopsy clear, advised ATT. Is that right?

Hello sir! I have a swollen inguinal lymphnode(Rt).I got done FNAC but not detected any thing,but doctor suggested for biopsy thinking it might be tubuculler lymphnode.But again not detected any disease.But my surgeon who had done biopsy,suggested for ATT, saying that nature of lymphnode seemed to be tubercular while oprating.Is that right.please suggest me.
Asked On : Fri, 28 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  164
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Sep 2012
Hello, Welcome to HCM, I am Dr. Das
Look, to start anti tubercular drug, clinical suspicion is enough. If your clinical profile is not supporting a diagnosis of tuberculosis, then some investigations are important.

So, the decision is upto the treating doctor.

Lastly, the nature of lymph node cannot support a diagnosis of tuberculosis.

Answered: Thu, 3 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor