Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

Swollen, inflamed lump on labia with intense pain, sensitive to touch. History of uterine fibroids. How can I get rid of this?

i was diagnosed several years ago with UTerine Fibroids . But a few days ago, I noticed some pain originating in my labia . Upon inspection, there appears to be a swollen inflamed lump on my labia that is quite sensitive to the touch. From what I ve read, it IS possible to get these external fibroid masses, but it s very uncommon. I know seeing a doctor is obviously best, but I m self-employed, and uninsured, so it s not exactly simply just to pop into the doctors for an exam right now.
Mon, 12 May 2014
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
hello madam i understand your concern.In my opinion there can be infected bartholins gland.Or there can also be simple edematous or swollen labia of unknown cause.In bartholin gland infection you will have fever,difficulty or pain during urination for which you have to take antiboitics after consulting OBGY.For simple swollen labia with no fever you can apply magnesium sulphate and glycerine mixture soaked guaze twice a day till it subsides.Usually it subsides by 2 or 3 days.Wear cotton underwear.In order to prevent this sort of infections maintain local hygiene. Hope this satisfies your query.
Thanks for using HCM.
Feel free to ask any more questions that you may have.
Dr Srilatha
Consultant Obstetrician and Gynecologist
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor