Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Swollen, hard and itchy labia minora after having sex. STI clear. Worried for thrush

after having sex two days ago, my labia minora was quite swollen and hard bilatterally almost instantly after sex and was quite uncomfortable. the swelling went down over the corse of the day. but now is slightly itchy and there is a milky discharge . my partner and i have previous;y both had STI checks which were clear. is it just thrush?
Asked On : Fri, 1 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  87
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Dec 2012

Thanks for posting on HCM,
From your description you are probably having vulvovaginitis. . It can be caused by bacteria, yeasts, viruses, and other parasites. Some sexually transmitted infections (STIs) can also cause vulvovaginitis, as can various chemicals found in bubble baths, soaps, and perfumes. Environmental factors such as poor hygiene and allergens may also cause this condition. Candida albicans, which causes yeast infections, is one of the most common causes of vulvovaginitis in women of all ages. Another cause of vulvovaginitis is bacterial vaginosis, an overgrowth of certain types of bacteria in the vagina. Bacterial vaginosis may cause a thin, grey vaginal discharge and a fishy odor.
What to do now? Consult with a gynobs so that you can be examined and probably a vaginal swap done to determine the cause. Topical antifungal like miconazole cream or ketokonazole cream or oral medications might be indicated to treat the affection. Other STI test might be needed.

Hope this helps
Answered: Fri, 1 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. Michael Ogbu 's  Response
Hello, Welcome to our forum,
Itchy vagina,swollen labia and a whitish (milky) discharge is more likely looking like a fungal(Yeast) infection also known as thrush or candidiasis.
I suggest u go see your OBGYN to have yourself examined. You will benefit from an High vaginal/Endocervical swab for MCS.
wishing you good health! thanks
Answered: Fri, 1 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor