Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Swollen gland near scrotum, enlarged, sensitive. Oozes white substance. How to eliminate this problem?

At times I have what seems like a swollen gland at the bottom of my scrotum . This becomes a bit enlarged and sensitive. Most of the time I can press hard and eliminate a white sometimes reddish liquid substance. I wash the area daily but it tends to come back at times. Sometimes I can go for quite some time with no issues. Any way to eliminate this problem? Thanks.
Asked On : Sun, 18 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  97
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query.You have a swollen gland bottom of your scrotum which oozes whitish discharge.This is most likely a sebaceous cyst.which develops due to blockage of the opening of gland and accumulation of sebaceous material inside the sac.Scrotal skin has large number of sebaceous glands so more prone to get sebaceous cysts.Please consult some surgeon You may need to excise the cyst along with sac so that it will not recur again.
Answered: Sun, 18 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor