Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Swollen foreskin, feeling hot, burning. History of chlamydia. Damage due to disease?

I saw the foreskin on my penis swell up with fluid for about 20 mins and then return back to its normal state. It felt hot and seems to burn at times on the bottom part of my penis. I tested positive for chlamydia a month ago and received doxy. I did the whole course of pills for 10 days and burning, itching is gone. Has the chlamydia damaged something????
Asked On : Thu, 27 Dec 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  162
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
HIV AIDS Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM.

The chlamydial infection is unlikely to cause swelling of your foreskin of the penis. It may either be due to yeast infection or some other infections of foreskin.

A condition called as paraphimosis secondary to some infection or due to tight foreskin also such swelling can occur.
Consult your Dermato-venereologist and he/she will help you to overcome such problem in future.

Good luck.
Dr S.Murugan
Answered: Fri, 28 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Sexologist Dr. Ambekar's  Response
Dear koberamirez, No, its common type of infection if you are symptom free, nothing to worry it doesn't damages anything. in future keep local hygiene properly. during bath retract foreskin and wash with soap and water and dry will help not harbor any infection in future.
Answered: Fri, 28 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor