Swollen forehead after popping pimple. Does this require a visit to the ER?

I am a 27 year old male with very little history of acne . I (foolishly, I know) popped a forehead pimple which was roughly a half in diameter and a quarter in raised. Then, I applied an OTC topical acne cream to it. About 2 hours later my forehead skin felt tight so I looked in the mirror and literally my entire forehead is swollen--swelling stops at all hair lines; scalp, eyebrows etc. I believe it is called pitting edema because if I apply pressure the dent remains. The swelling is of normal skin color, not red (other than the location of the pimple). Does this require a visit to the ER? Will warm compression help? If it does require a visit to the doctor, is it urgent or wait a day or 2?
Wed, 12 Dec 2012