Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

Swollen forearm, upper arm, clavicle, neck and ear discomfort, overweight, hysterectomy done

I have had swollen and tender areas on right forearm , and upper arm, swollen above right clavicle and limited range of movement of arm to my back (increasingly) for about five weeks. Cannot sleep on right side at night without arm, shoulder pain. Then new involvement to neck and ear discomfort. Am 68 yrs and became overweight (5 6 and 200lbs) in the last 15 years, post hysterectomy . Swimming ( range of motion and very gentle breast stroke) doesn t seem to help nor aggravate this. What could this be? Family doc is not concerned, but I am getting frustrated and worried. It came on fairly quickly, as all of a sudden, or so it seems, I had trouble getting bra on/off, for example. Any suggestion would be much appreciated
Asked On : Sat, 7 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  118
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response

I understand your concern and like to answer about it. Your symptoms partially match up to Thorasic outlet syndrome how ever there lies even other possibilities like Frozen shoulder. If i would be treating you i would suggest you too have a Colour doppler of right subclavian artery and vein, Chest xray with neck and other routine investigation. Electromyography would be a next test once the investigation shows a thorasic outlet syndrome. It is treated by cutting the Scaleni mucle fiber and first rib/cervical rib.
It is hard to come to a conclusion without the investigations and a clinical examination.
Hope my suggestions are helpful for you further followup. Feel free to ask any further question if you have.
Thanking you
Dr Samir
Answered: Wed, 6 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor