Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Swollen fingers, knuckles hurts. Should I go for medical check up?

On top of my right hand , between the ring finger and pinky finger is swollen, those knuckles hurt (the bottom knuckles) especially when i make a fist. i think i was bitten by something but am not sure. i first noticed it yesterday morning and since then it has gotten less itchy but more sore and swollen. should i go to urgent care?
Asked On : Sat, 14 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  154
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
I need more info about you
your age, h/o fever and stiff ness of finger

With the present details It seems your are suffering from either form of inflamatory arthritis, most probably rheumatoid, you you should get t/t in the same line with NSAIDs, Anti RA t/t Physio after confirmation.....................get back for details
Answered: Sun, 15 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor