Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Swollen face with bruising after an injury. Pain in the jaw while opening the mouth. Should I get an X-ray?

i was punched on the side of my face in front of my ear and above my ear three times last friday by my ex. my face swelled up but luckily very little bruising ..since then my swelling went down but my jaw aches on both sides and if i open my mouth it almost feels locked on the side it was hit. i havent gone to a doctor or anything. will this heal or should i get an x-ray done on my jaw just in case and by a dentist or doctor?
Asked On : Thu, 28 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  71
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi !
After going through your history i feel that you should undergo an X-RAY of your skull to rule out any fracture or mandibular dislocation. I also would advise you to consult a dentist for further management.
Answered: Wed, 10 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Varnika J.P.'s  Response
thank you for your query.

yes i would advise you to get an x-ray of your jaw done.there might be some displacement
also consult a dentist they would advise you on the antibiotics to use.

thank you
wishing you good health
Answered: Wed, 10 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor