Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

Swollen eyelid. Looks like blister and solid feeling. Could it be a blocked tear duct?

My right eyelid is swollen. It started on the inside corner then headed toward the outer side along the upper lid. It looks like a blister , is fairly solid feeling. It doesn t really hurt, other than some pressure. It has happened before. Could it be a blocked tear duct? It felt itchy earlier, almost like I had some dust or something in it. I think I rubbed it a time or two before it started swelling .
Tue, 20 Aug 2013
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
It seems from the history that you are having swelling of the eye lid which is painless. I think probably you are having involvement of the gland of the eye lids most commonly oil producing gland called as meibomian gland.
Blocked tear duct will not present in this way, it presents as swelling medial to medial canthus and presents with watering and discharge from the eyes.
The treatment of the present condition is by antibiotic eye drops and hot compress. Please do consult your eye doctor for further examination and treatment.
Thank you
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor