Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Swollen ear canal with feeling of fullness, hearing impairment. No relief with oral drops. Remedy?

Hello, A week ago I had cold water thrown directly into my ear from a short distance. I immediately could not hear and could not dislodge the water. I have seen my dr who said my ear canal was swollen. I have been taking an oral antibiotic and drops with no relief. My ear continues to feel very full and my hearing remains impaired.
Asked On : Thu, 19 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  43
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Aug 2013
Hello and welcome to health care magic,

You seem to have either an infection or a block or a combination of both. You need to do an otoscopic examination of the ear and also an audiometry assessment and get back to me or any ENT with the report as soon as possible.

Meanwhile stop the local drops as it will do more harm than good and do not try to clean the ears by yourself

hope this helps


Dr Sriram Nathan
Answered: Fri, 11 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor