Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

Swollen calf with bruise after a fall. Hard lump formation. What to do?

I slipped in the tub and hit the inside of my leg on the tile just below my knee . It swelled right up and I thought at the time I would have a huge bruise . Well it is still swollen but not as bad. It was huge. now it looks like from where I hit it that it has traveled down half of my leg is a giant bruise color. Still a hard lump where it got hit. Just doesn t look like a bruise just really dark and big maybe two hands big.
Asked On : Fri, 22 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  440
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Radiologist 's  Response
Apr 2014
Thanks for writing to HCM
First you need X-ray of your knee region including upper tibia and fibula AP/Lateral view. It will detect any bony injury.
Treatment depends upon the findings of X-rays and clinical examination.
For swelling you can take pain killers and serratopeptidase tablets.
Get well soon.

Take Care
Dr.Indu Bhushan

Answered: Fri, 26 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor